My name is Kara. I am married to Bud. I am a wife and homemaker. We have a little farm house in the Ozarks that we are fixing up to retire to in about a year. Though it needs a lot of work, we are in love with our place, our neighbors, and the area already.
Things About Me
1) I like to cook good food for my man. The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach and I want to win my man’s heart. Besides that, who would want to got to all that trouble to cook bad tasting food that your man doesn’t like?
2) I like reading good books that hook me in and transport me to another time and place, and which keep me turning the page wondering what is going to happen next.
3) I love chickens. Everything about them makes me laugh. They are very much like babies and are very dependent. They need to be tucked in at night, and let out every morning. They always run up to me when I come outside, and though they are only hoping for a treat, it makes me feel loved. They each have their own personality and temperament.
4) I like people with idiosyncrasies…the more different from everyone else, then all the better. Variety is the spice of life. My husband always says that you’ll always be the best ‘you’ there ever was, but a poor imitation of anyone else.
5) I am an introvert,. I have spent half my life wondering what was wrong with me, feeling that I needed to be an extrovert, and failing miserably when I tried. Learning that it was okay to be an Introvert set me free to be me. We’re not freaks and there is nothing wrong with us. We think a lot, and we just need a lot of time away from others to recharge.
6) I love the outdoors. Being at our new place in the Ozarks has reaffirmed that. Being out in nature is my lifeblood. There are very few things I enjoy more than morning coffee outside listening to the birds sing.
7) I have discovered that I like to write. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a blog post, an email or a letter. It’s easier for me to open up and express myself in writing, rather than verbally. It’s one of my creative outlets.
8) I am a Christian, and I desperately need my Savior. Without Him, I am nothing. I am an imperfect person who makes lots of mistakes, but He loves me and saved me anyway.
My blog is about our house in the Ozarks, our journey as we fix it up, and our adventures there as we settle in to our new place. The best place to start is the beginning, and work your way back!